Trent's response to the new recipe:
Trent- "I want to say something. I'm just going to put it out there. If you like it, you can take it. If you don't, send it right back."
Me- "HAHA nice Anchorman quote. Go on..."
Trent- "This is the best chicken I have ever had."
Me- "WOW! That cannot be true."
Trent- "Ok you are right. This is the best HOMEMADE chicken I have ever had."
Sooo ya, he loved it.
2 chicken breasts
1.5 cups French's Original French Fried Onions
1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix
1. Put French Fried Onions in a plastic bag and crush until fine. Place crushed onions on a plate.
2. Coat chicken with dry ranch dip (Yes, this does come before the egg)
3. Coat chicken with egg
4. Coat chicken in French Fried Onion Crumbs (You have to press fairly hard to get them to stick)
5. Place in a baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
-The recipe does not normally call for Ranch dip, it calls for flour. I saw that someone had tried using an Italian dip mix which I didn't have on hand, so I used ranch.
-I used foil and the chicken did stick to the bottom of the pan, so we lost some of the fried onions. I'm not sure if parchment paper would have worked better or not.
-I do not suggest flipping halfway through your cook time. Since it stuck to the bottom a bit, I preferred to keep the top crispy and perfect.
-I used the leftover french fried onions to make a tiny green bean casserole. It was not the healthiest of dinners. Haha.