Unfortunately BIG pictures cost LOTS of money! :-(
All of my thrifting paid off this week when I found the most gigantic, elaborate frame EVER!!!
It was so large that it wouldn't fit in my car. I drove home with my trunk open.
|Gracie decided to take a little stretch. Such a cutie!|
"You must have a BIG wall!"
"Can you carry that?"
"What a beautiful print!"
I think the last lady must have been partially blind. The print had terrible fading. And it's obviously not my style. I had some big makeover plans for this baby!
The first thing I did was spray paint the frame.
I used Valspar Paint+Primer in Satin finish from Lowe's.
It took about 2 cans because of all of the nooks and crannies on the frame. I did multiple layers to even it out.
Next I spray painted the back of the print with chalk board paint.
You are supposed to wait 24 hours for this to dry, but I'm impatient. I left it in the 95 degree sun for about 2 hours and called it good.
After the chalk board paint dried, I covered the whole thing in chalk to "set" the paint.
I did it indoors which was a stupid idea. It got all over everything.
After wiping all of the chalk off with a wet rag, it was ready to go!
Trent put the chalk board back in the frame and screwed in the back board.
Voila! It is complete!!!!
I added my own little saying. My mom always used to sing "Count your blessing, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done." :-)
If anyone is wondering, it took me like an hour to write that.
I love universal decor that I can change out with the season. It will be so fun for me to switch things up at the cost of a piece of chalk!
Here is a before and after side by side.